Thursday, November 9, 2017

Lake Superior beach and more

Yesterday I went down the beach at First Creek to see the beach before the winter storm hits.  Although I've been home from my down-state trip for a week, it is the first time I made my way to the beach.  There is a considerable amount of driftwood clogging the creek, as well as well up the beach.

I went down the steps at First Creek and was surprised to find some debris almost all the way up the beach to the steps.  The waves a few weeks ago (highest was measured at 28.8 feet) really played havoc with the shoreline.
 

Log jam at First Creek.....



Looking east..... for the most part the waves moved all the driftwood up and over the first dune and covered up most of the rocks with sand.


Looking west....






This week I had the rest of my new windows installed.  This project was years past due.  It was expensive, but had to be done.


Below is one more photo from my trip down state. Thanks to Mark Comstock for sharing the photo. The picture was taken at a reunion of the co-ed softball team on which I played for 24 seasons (including summer and fall leagues). I had 738 at-bats, scored 139 runs, and had 282 hits including 28 doubles, 14 triples, and 3 home runs. It was great seeing everyone again! It amazing that our team manager (George Fulton) kept all the statistics!



No comments:

Post a Comment