Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall Color Drive and HIke from Sable Lake to the Log Slide and into Grand Sable Dunes

Thanks to my son, Kevin, for helping me to move my cord wood into the wood shed.  Although heating with wood is cheaper than other possible heat sources -- it is a lot of work.  I finished up the last cord or so after he had to leave.



Just after Kevin left to drive home he called to let me know that the fall colors were peak on the drive between Sable Lake and the Log Slide area in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.  After I finished moving and stacking the rest of the wood, I drove to the Log Slide area and then hiked into the dunes.  You are invited to go along with the photos below.

Driving west on the last curve before Sable Lake...


Sable Lake...


Boat ramp on Sable Lake....


Continuing west toward the Log Slide...




Driving north on the Log Slide access road....


Hiking from the parking lot toward the Log Slide area....



There were lots of people in the main Log Slide area so I headed east into the dunes...











Heading back to the parking lot..... Notice the setting sun peeking through the trees....





No comments:

Post a Comment