Friday, April 1, 2016

Log Slide Ski

Yesterday it snowed off and on all day.  We only received an inch or two all together, and even before that I decided that I wanted to find somewhere that has enough snow to ski.  I have been working on the computer for too many hours and I just wanted to get some exercise.  As for the book, I am in the editing mode, which I figure will take a few more days.  I am hoping to have a draft ready for review in about a week!

H58 west is open from town so I decided to drive out to the log slide access road.  On the side of the road there was enough snow -- so I put my skis on and headed down the road!



Once I arrived at the parking lot, I took the skies off and walked the rest of the way.  There is still a bit of snow on the platform....


At the end of the platform the wind was intense!  But I was able to get a few photos....






 Then I hiked into the dunes to get a few more photos...



The ferns stay green under the snow, which has now melted.  This gives the new generation a jump start in spring!


Scenes along the way...








No comments:

Post a Comment