Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Google Change regarding Blogging Platform

I am still trying to figure out what Google is doing regarding this blogging platform.  They made changes without even alerting us bloggers.  When I realized that the number of people following my blog dropped significantly, I looked up the reason.

According to Google: 

Starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post) that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

 As most of you know, I have been posting on this blog since 2009. I decided in the beginning to not accept ads. The whole purpose of my blog is to share my photos as well as some scientific news and photos. I don't want Google to make money from my work.

There is quite an outcry from other bloggers using this platform that do generate income from their blogs. I did send a message to Google complaining about their change, but I am sure that it won't make a difference. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment