Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend in Southwestern Michigan

As you regular blog followers know, I have not posted in several days.  OK, I will admit it -- I was on vacation.  After a long and busy summer season, the museum's regular hours ended on September 30th.  I left on October 1st and stopped in Mount Pleasant to visit a college friend.  Thanks, Steve, for a great time. 

Next I went to southwestern Michigan and rented a house with my grown sons and their families.  A great time was had by all.  My last post had a few photos that I took during this weekend.  Here are more....

The house we rented with the cool pear tree out front...


The property included a B&B as well as a farm and hiking trails.....


Bee hives....

  
We all went on a hike.  The owners have a sense of humor with some of the "decorations" along the trail.


 

The trail was not exactly stroller compatible, but we managed.








Then we went to the beach....




Do you see the disk in the photo below?


 



Next, we walked around New Buffalo....



Kissing cousins....



No comments:

Post a Comment