Thursday, September 24, 2015

Memorial Falls, Munising, MI

Yesterday I left early to drive to Marquette to get fitted for my hearing aids.  Thanks to Carol Rose for being my hearing advocate, Jackie at Superior ENT, and the State of Michigan for helping to cover some of the cost.  I look forward to picking up my hearing aids next month.  In the future I will be better able to communicate with people as "the agatelady."

On the way back, Carol and I stopped by Memorial Falls in Munising, which is owned by the Michigan Nature Association.  I just love this grotto as well as the falls.


This photo shows the top of the falls (center top)...


I held onto a tree and held my camera out over the falls, looking down the falls.  I did hold on tight!


The path to the viewing platform runs along sandstone cliffs....


Memorial Falls without much water going over it this time a year....








Here are a few agate close ups I took with my USB microscope camera.  The first is a copper replacement agate....


The next two are Brazilian agate....



No comments:

Post a Comment