Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring (or is it winter?) Beach

I am going to take time out from posting photos from Hawaii and update everyone with pictures of the Grand Marais beach.  Despite still being weak from the flu I had over the weekend, I just had to get outside yesterday to see the beach.  Friend, Lois, and I parked at Agate Beach and headed west.  I was surprised to find out that at least for the first half mile, there is exposed sand due to snow melt.  Although there is not a lot of rock exposed, there is some.

Looking east...


Looking west....



I do not go out onto the ice, but the first row of icebergs seemed safe enough since the ice is actually situated over beach, rather than water.  So I carefully walked out to the top of the first row and captured a couple of pictures.



Then we spotted several deer....






 
First Creek is showing through...



I woke up this morning to more winter.  It is snowing hard, although it does not show up well in the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment