Monday, August 25, 2014

Lake Superior August Beach--Post 1

Twice this week I was able to spend some time on the beach.  The other day I had a surprise when an old friend tracked me down.  Sasha Roberts-Levi worked at the nursery school my kids attended in the early 1980s.  For a few years she also watched my kids when I had to jump on airplanes during my corporate days.  When she was in Marquette attending a conference the other day, she saw my agate book while in Snowbound Books.  She then gave me a call and visited for a day on her way back down state, where she is a school administrator.  It was awesome to catch up after 27 years!  I was also able to show her around our end of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.  Thanks, Sasha, for a great reunion!

First we stopped by 12 Mile Beach and had a picnic dinner.



Next, the Hurricane River.


And, finally, the Log Slide.



Then last night I went on a beach hike and had a picnic dinner with friends, Jamey and Lois Fite.  We were glad to see that the beach has recovered a bit.  The sandy section is a little wider.




That is, except to the east of the beach we visited.


There is not as much driftwood as there was a few years ago, but still there are impressive logs and stumps.


Mink tracks on the beach.


The waves were rotating in at a weird angle.


The fall colors continue to build....





No comments:

Post a Comment