Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lake Superior Sunset and Hummingbirds

I had a request to include updated photos of the museum -- I will post these photos tomorrow.  For today's blog post I want to catch up on pictures I took the other day of recent sunsets as well as a few pictures of hummingbirds.

There is still a bit of ice out on the lake, at least as of yesterday.  It continues to blow around.


I have not been able to find out exactly what was going on, but a Coast Guard boat seemed to make a rescue and tow a boat into the Grand Marais channel.


Thanks to Andy and Norm for inviting me to their friend's birthday party.  Here are a few sunset photos from their deck.







One more sunset photo from my house.


And a few hummingbird photos.  They have been back for the past week and a half.





In the pictures below you can see the hummingbird's tongue.



No comments:

Post a Comment