Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Petrified Forest -- Post 3

As the regular blog followers know, I am still playing catch up with the pictures I took during my trip out west.  It is great to be home, even though the cold and snow are intimidating.  Yesterday I went on a snow shoe, and it actually didn't feel all that cold.  The Grand Marais photos will be posted once I catch up with all the past photos.

Today I will continue with the photos taken during my day spent at the Petrified Forest National Park.  Some of the sedimentary rock and formations in the Petrified Forest are badlands.



They call the petrified trees "rainbow rock" for a good reason....








Below is a long petrified tree...




From the south visitor's center, I walked to the trails that take you to the Agate House (which is actually made of petrified wood, not agate) and the Long Logs Trail.













No comments:

Post a Comment