Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Deer and Deep Snow

When I was getting ready for my trip out west, I noticed deer walking up my driveway.  The snow is so deep that they are able to reach apples on trees that never fell last fall.  It was comical because every time they pulled on an apple, snow fell off the branches onto their heads.










A few years ago snow drifted like crazy on the south side of my house.  It is almost as good this year, and we still have three months of winter!


This is the drifted corner, looking out the window of my laundry room.  I roof raked this section two days ago.  One blizzard and the snow is hanging off the roof even worse than it was before I roof raked.


My eagle statues, which are over three feet tall, cannot even be seen in the photo below.   In my yard I would estimate that I have four feet of snow on the level as well as drifts up to 10 feet tall.



No comments:

Post a Comment