Sunday, December 29, 2013

More Agate Close Ups

As I finish up the year and now that I have completed all the custom mineral art orders, I can turn my attention to other tasks.  With the computer problems I've had this year, one of the things I wanted to get done was to implement an on-site backup system.  I also wanted to move and store some of my files from my laptop to the new external drive.  I was not too surprised to learn that on my computer I have almost 30,000 photo files, not including the 25,000 files I have for the online rockhounding classes.  Even though my laptop has 444 GB of space -- it was almost 90 percent full.  To speed up my computer, I wanted to free up more space.  I also spent several hours researching petrified wood to prepare for getting photos during my trip out west. 

I was going to get out and ski, but I must admit that I did have sore muscles after skiing in Mount Pleasant a couple of days ago.  I decided to take the day off from exercise, but I will get out today.  I will certainly have to dress for it since temperatures are in the single digits with 20 mph winds and lake effect snow.

For today's blog posting, I decided to dip into the agate book photos and zoom in on a few close ups.


Kentucky agate...

Mexican Laguna agate....

Lake Superior agate....

Mexican Laguna agate....

Mexican crazy lace agate...

Australian Queensland agate...

Another Mexican agate....

Botswana agate....

Mexican Laguna agate....

Lake Superior agate....

No comments:

Post a Comment