Wednesday, June 26, 2013

More USB Microscope pictures of Rocks

In preparation of the busy summer season, I have purchased some new items for the museum's gift shop.  I'll post some macro shots tomorrow, but for today's blog posting I pulled out my USB microscope camera.

First, a few close ups of some awesome ammonite pendants....







I also purchased some labadorite/spectralite cabs.  Anyone who wire wraps will be interested in these.  They also are nice small samples of this amazing variety of labadorite....




I also restocking some of the therapy stones including the unakite specimens shown below...



I came across a chance to purchase some rough slabs of this awesome dendritic jasper from Utah...



 
 
UPDATE ON LAKE SUPERIOR AGATE HUNTING DVD
Today I will finish assembling the graphics for the DVD I am producing that will teach people how to find Lake Superior agates.  All I have left to include are summary slides of the different types of agate structure.  So far the DVD has over 450 slides, most of which are only on the screen for a couple of seconds.  The running length right now is 24 minutes.  Once I add the last section and adjust the timing to match the narration, I am hoping the final DVD will be around 45 minutes.
 

 

1 comment: