Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Dunes Hike and Baby Deer

Yesterday I went hiking with friend, Jill.  We parked at Sable Falls and walked into the dunes from there.

The little two foot tree shown below has a burl on its trunk.  I'm not sure I've ever seen one on such a small tree.


The shoreline looking west, north, and east.




Dune vegetation....




Dune views...


A family playing in the dunes...



After closing the museum I was on my way home when on my road I spotted this fawn that probably had just been born.  He stood for several minutes and then headed across the road and hid in the weeds.  I did get out of my car to get some photos, but I heard the mother deer in the woods along side the road.  I wasn't sure if a mother deer will attack, so I got back into my car.





No comments:

Post a Comment