Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eagle River, First Snow, and More

While in Eagle River, Wisconsin at the Cranberry Festival a couple of weeks ago, I must admit that I did not take many photos.  It was a cold, windy, and snowy weekend and my focus was on the show and trying to stay warm.  Here are a couple of photos of my booth as well as one that looks down the aisle of the big tent in which I was located.  You have to give it to the 40,000 or so that attended the show -- they did not let the weather get in their way.


I took the photo below on Sunday when the crowds were light.  On Saturday shoppers started coming two hours before the show opened.  All day long this aisle was completely full of people.



While at home last Thursday, I awoke to snow.  I took the photos below around 8 in the morning.



The snow melted later in the morning, but we had more snow and hail off and on all day and even over night.


When I went to town to check mail, I captured this shot of the lake effect clouds.


Here are a couple of updated photos of the new fire/ambulance barn.



 
Here is a photo of the new break wall taken from the end of Coast Guard Point.  The second contractor is not making the quick progress that the first contractor did.  The gap in the break wall still is there.


But they have boulders ready for use...


The photo below shows some more lake effect clouds out over the bay.


I left Grand Marais a little after 6am this past Friday to head down to Ann Arbor.  I captured this photo of the Moon and Venus.

 
Later in the drive I took this picture of clouds that lit up at sunrise.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment