Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lake Superior Beach Sunset Hike

Yesterday when I went to the post office, I decided to document some changes to downtown Grand Marais.  First of all, a crew has been hired to repair and preserve the Pickle Barrel.



While I was at the show last weekend in Marquette, members of the community cooperated to install new playground equipment at the beach along the bay.


Last night I parked at Sable Falls and headed through the woods to the dunes.  The trilliums are still in full bloom.



Other wild flowers are popping out everywhere.


It was a beautiful evening in the dunes.







I then went down the bluff to the beach.  A small freighter was going by as I waited for the sun to complete its descent.





Here is a video I took last night.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment