Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  In the last two days I have spent time with my only aunt and uncle in the world (Battle Creek), as well as one of my three cousins and his wife, Jason and Amanda, in Oswega, IL.  Today I'll be driving to a suburb of Madison, WI to spend Thanksgiving with my son and his wife, Kevin and Jericho, at Jericho's father's house.  Along with everyone we will be watching the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers football game.  It would be great to have the Lions beat the undefeated Packers.

I didn't get a chance to hike yesterday, but I have some photos from the hike I took two days ago at Kirk Park, one of the series of wonderful parks in Ottawa County, north of Holland.  Like some of the other parks, this one lies along the Lake Michigan shoreline.




This map shows the sand dune areas along the Lake Michigan shoreline.





I hiked the ridge trail located up above the shoreline.



These are some old dock pilings showing in the sand on the beach.



After hiking, I continued driving north along Lakeshore Drive and then over to Spring Lake, MI.  A new rock shop has opened up on Cleavland Street.  If you live in southwestern Michigan, or if you are driving by the area -- check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment