Saturday, October 15, 2011

Incredible Lake Superior Fall Storm

As I sit here typing, I am very surprised we have power. Around 3:30 this morning, the power did turn off and back on a few times. The wind starting blowing hard yesterday afternoon. With the help of my friend, Paul, I headed into town to drain the pipes at the museum. First I drove through Woodland Park to get a better view of the waves. There was one brave soul on the beach and only five remaining RVs camped in the park.



Then I decided I had to see more waves and capture their energy. I drove out Coast Guard Point and walked over the dune to capture some photos of the waves hitting the breakwater and light house. I couldn't decide which pictures I liked best, so I narrowed it down to a few.







I have been making mineral art like crazy, trying to get ready for the remainder of my shows.  I've been experimenting using the acrylic to make agate windows -- rather than using the soldering technique.  I'll have a few for sale at the Mason show next weekend.




With the nice weather last week, I decided to make A LOT of agate plates, candles, and sink caddies.  Here are just some of them.



Go Blue!  I hope that Michigan, wins today over Michigan State.  Us alumni have had to suffer this past few years.  It is great to be back in our winning ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment