Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grand Marais Bay, Agate Lamp, and Brook Trout

After I left the museum last night, I had to check on one of my friend's houses east of town. As I drove by the bay, I had to stop and take pictures. I feel extreme gratitude to have the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place.


I finished a custom lamp this week. It is a large table lamp. The shade is eight sided, 16 inches wide at the base, and around 18 inches tall. There are over 100 agates and over five pounds of solder!


My friend, Renee, came over to play cribbage the other night. She brought with her a large smoked Brook Trout. As you can see in the photo, after being smoked the fish is 12 inches long. Renee's husband, Bob, caught and smoked the fish. He said that it was 14 inches long when he caught it. She also brought fresh asparagus. What a great dinner we had! I must admit that it was without question the best smoked fish I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment