Friday, June 24, 2011

Agates Close Up

It has been raining in Grand Marais for at least three days. I feel bad four the tourists, but I must admit that our ecosystems need the rain. Many parts of the U.P. are still officially in drought condition.

Since it was cold and raining, I didn't hike again so I have no new adventure photos. I went through some of the Chapter 5 images from the new agate book and selected close-up sections. Thanks to Tom Shearer for the great photography. If any of you rockhounds are looking for the "go to" guy to take pictures of your favorite rocks, send me an email at karen@agatelady.com and I'll forward it on to Tom.

First, a California lace agate....


A Keewick Iowa agate......


A Kentucky agate....


A Lake Superior candy striped agate.....


A Grand Marais, MI agate found by the museum founder, Axel Niemi.....



A copper replacement agate from the Keweenaw Peninsula....


A Montana dry head agate.....


An Oregon Priday agate.....


A South Dakota Teepee Canyon agate....


A Texas moss agate......

No comments:

Post a Comment