Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ishpeming Show etc.

I had a booth at the Ishpeming Rock and Mineral Show yesterday. The weather was MUCH better than last year. A storm hit the show last year with micro burst winds. The winds lifted my entire booth including tent, sand weights, tables, and objects on the tables a foot or two in the air. The event is held at the Elk's Lodge. Outside booths are in the parking lot so there is no way to stake down. The four sand weights that I had last year were not enough to hold the tent down. This year -- it was a terrific day with sun most of the time, temperatures in the mid 70s, and only a little bit of wind. Since I worked the very busy show myself, I didn't get much of a chance to walk around to get photos of the minerals on display and for sale. Here are a few shots of my booth.





I have not seen agate-dealer Jeff Anderson for a while. Here is a shot of Jeff (cowboy hat) in his booth.



Frederick Dick had me cut a moss agate. When he came by the booth to pick up his rock, he also showed me this great agate he has from Martha's Vineyard.



Finally, on Thursday night last week friend Renee Beaver and I squeezed in the first game of cribbage we have played in a month. Normally we play cards a few times a week, but this busy summer has not allowed any time. Pictured below is a crib hand that I had for 20 points. This is a large count for a crib -- but it was so beautiful that I had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment