Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Scenes

At the request of my son, Jonathan, I am going to commit the time to update the blog more often. I finished the book yesterday and sent the text files off for pre-production. It will take around a week to convert the files from Microsoft Word into what ever the magic software that the printer needs. Once the printer gets the files, it will be 3 1/2 to 4 months before we get finished copies of the book.

The miscellaneous winter shots include another sunset taken from the shore of the Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, MI. Although my friends and I all brought our snowshoes, there was so little snow there that we didn't need them.




Here are a couple photos of my friends, Sandee and Dianna, skiing in the Seney Refuge.




When I left my house this afternoon to drive over to the cross country ski trails in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, I snapped this photo of the sand dunes in the distance.



Here is a shot I took on the ski trail. It is Sable River, not far from where it flows out of Sable Lake.



This snow gauge is on ski trial A. We get an inch or two of snow every once in a while to make up for the condensing of the snow pack. As a result, we have had a steady amount on the ground of 12 inches for more than a month.



I took this photo from the grocery store, looking east toward the bay. Even though we have not had a lot of snow, there is still quite a mound behind the Post Office Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment