Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Scenes and Agate Photos

This posting includes a few miscellaneous winter photos. Last year I posted a picture of the deep snow on the south side of my house. Below is that shot, along with the same photo from this year. The difference illustrates the 75 inch deficit in our snow fall this winter.




For those of you who have followed the agatelady web page and blog, you know how much I like taking pictures of roadside Americana art. Here is a sculpture in a front yard in Curtis, MI.




To supplement my skiing time, I've kept a trail going behind my house. Every time I am out I knock down apples from the trees that for some strange reason never fell off the trees this past fall. I didn't see the deer myself, but friend Renee Beaver-Stocking saw an albino deer near the apple trees in the front of my house when she pulled up my driveway last night.



I have not included any agate photos on the blog as of late, so here are a couple of pictures from the new agate book. Both are photos found in Grand Marais by museum founder, Axel Niemi.


No comments:

Post a Comment