Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Icebergs in the Spring

For the past few days we have been hiking in the dunes, as usual. I haven't taken any new pictures in the dunes because the wind has been blowing so hard -- I didn't want to get sand in my digital camera.

After hiking early this morning, I have been working on art all day. Finally, I couldn't refuse the lure of the sunshine. It still wasn't real warm with 38 degrees and a stiff, but not heavy wind, such as we have had the past couple of days. So to Agate Beach I went with my friend, Kim, and her dog Danny.

The fierce winds from the past couple of days have taken their toll on the icebergs. The first row is still hugging the beach, but the icebergs are shrnking with every wave. The piles of rocks have not yet been exposed and are still covered with ice, but it won't be long. I'll keep everyone aprised of the situation over the coming days and weeks.

Included below are some of the pictures I took while down the beach at around 5:00 p.m. this evening.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the grat pictures of the beach with the snow on it. When we come in July, there is no way for us to appreciate the change I am seeing here. I am hoping that the snow will push up some beauties this year. Thanks again Gretchen

    ReplyDelete