Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Hike

Happy belated Easter to everyone. I would have posted this update yesterday, but I decided on Friday to sign up for the backup service from Mozy. I am glad to have computer backup for a reasonable price, but it took 51 hours for all of my files (including zillions of photos) to be encripted and uploaded. Considering that I now have the 6G high speed Internet, I am surprised that it took so long.

It has been sunny the last few days with light winds around 10mph. The waves and warmer temperatures have eaten away at the ice west of town, as you can see in the shot taken below from the dunes looking west. I love the angle in the shot taken from the dunes looking east. It is an unusual and unexpected angle of the breakwater. The third shot was taken from the dunes looking toward Sable Lake, which is the white section in the middle of the photo. There is still ice on the shore in town, but temperatures this week will be in the 50s, and could even reach 60 on Thursday.

Saturday and Easter Sunday, friends and I walked across the dunes to enjoy the sunshine and warmer temperatures. On Sunday, we brought with us my camping stove and cooked ham, sweet potatoes, and baked beans. It was a nice feast and certainly a different way to enjoy Easter dinner.

I hope that everyone had a nice holiday weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment